The above quote is from Ibn Battuta who was a 14th-century Moroccan traveler and is comparable to Marco Polo. They both traveled great distances and for decades.
I personally totally agree with the above quote. There have been so many times I have seen places, done activities, and/or met people that have left me in total awe and when I returned home I could not stop from telling everyone about it! For example
– That time I was strip searched in an Israeli airport.
– Playing cards in a yurt high up on the Steppe of Central Asia
– Trying guinea pig (yuck) and alpaca (yum) in Peru
– Playing Indiana Jones at Petra (it is WAY bigger than the one building)
– Every time it takes hours to LEAVE Russia
– Being stuck in Western Sahara
– Wandering aimlessly through the madinas of Morocco
To be honest I could fill pages of places and things I have seen that I love to tell stories about. What are some of your favorite travel stories? I would love to read them in the comment section below. Who knows, we may get enough to write a travel book. 🙂
That is awesome. I love it. Glad I could brighten your day!!!!
A big smile from Ireland on this Sunday morning.
You just made me think of all the travels I’ve done so far… They all make me smile and they want me to travel more and, to meet more wonderful people around our stunning planet… Thanks..