When I got my boat five years ago some of the hatches over the heads were cracked, so I went to a regular glass company and had them cut pexiglass for me to replace the cracked parts. the problem is the thickness was less than the original and the attached hardware never fit very well. This caused the hatches to leak when it rained.
I finally called the Lewmar distributor about getting new glass for my hatches and I found out they did not make my style of hatch any more and did not have parts. After chatting with him for a bit I was convinced to just replace the entire hatch and I have to say I am glad I did.
Yesterday I took a blade and slide it under the rim to cut the old caulking and then shoved flathead screwdrivers under it and up the old hatch came out. After that I scraped the rest of the old caulk, sanded the hull down, and put the new hatches in with new caulk. The last thing I did is take parts off the old hatches in case I, or someone I know, needs something.
All in all each hatch probably took me around an hour to do from start to finish. I just hope I don’t have any more leaks….at least from these four spots.
Wish we had been there to help. We know you are glad to get this job done!!!