After working for the whole year, Christmas is the time when the whole family meet and enjoy time together and experience the magical moments to the fullest! Goa, the name itself sounds exciting and it is a dream spot to spend the vacation. The state offers many opportunities to enjoy, especially during Christmas season.
Culture of Goa
Goa is famous as a tourist spot and people all over the world come here to enjoy their vacation in style. The culture of this place is vibrant and colourful, and so loved by all. Travellers can witness a blend of Indian and Portuguese architecture and tradition. The languages spoken here are mainly Goan and Konkani by the locals. The culture is also enriched by the rituals and cuisines. There are many church and temples which definitely make the place ethnically rich. All the churches bear resemblance of the famous Portuguese style and all these still carry the essence of the Portuguese empire.
Beaches & forts in Goa
When we hear about Goa, the first thing which comes in our mind is the beach. There are many beaches in Goa which fascinates everyone and it is one of the primary attractions of this dream attraction.
- Beaches like Palolem and Anjuna are very famous as the main party centres and also there are many local markets which offer great amount of handicrafts and other products. The splashes of water, sandcastles, beach volleyball and other family games creates many memories altogether.
- Ashwem and Morjim beaches are a must visit during Christmas as they look even more beautiful as the whole area is decorated with different colours of lights.
- Baga and Anjuna are other famous beaches here where shacks are decorated beautifully.
There are also some famous forts which can be visited with the family and all the interesting stories can be heard of. Goa is not only a place to party and hangout it also contains pages of history which had played an important role before. Forts like Tiracol and Chapora also are of high importance. Tiracol was built by the Portuguese in the year 1617 as a territory to defend themselves from the Marathas. You can also enjoy the ferry ride while going to see the forts. This ensures that you spend a quality time with your family during this time.
Must visit churches during Christmas in Goa
Goa also is famous for churches built in various form of styles. Some of the churches which cannot be missed are
- Bom Jesus Basilica: It is an UNESCO site and also holds the mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier.
- Another one is the Se Cathedral which was built to celebrate the capturing of the city by the Portuguese.
- Other famous churches are church of St. Francis Assisi, Church of our Lady of Immaculate Conception, Church of St. Cajetan, Chapel of St. Catherine, Church of Lady of Rosary, Monte Hill, St. Alex church etc. These churches hold an exquisite beauty and also are important from the historical prospects as well. So when spending the vacation in Goa, visiting these churches is a must.
Things to do in Goa
- Adventure sports in Goa: Goa being a place of enthusiasm is also a place to experience many adventure sports. Some of the sports to try are:
- Scuba diving
- Jet ski
- White water rafting
- Ringo ride
- Water ski
- Speed boating
- Wake boarding
- Banana ride
- Wind surfing
- Kite surfing
- Sport fishing
And the list goes on and on. All these sports are of great enthusiasm and will definitely test your fear and it is assured that you will make some of the best memories of your life.
- Shopping & food In Goa: Goa offers a variety of cuisines which delights the tourists. The staple food here is fish curry and rice but also there is a blend of Brazilian and Portuguese food items as well. Here, beef and pork is also served in many dishes. Bebinca is a famous desert and another famous traditional drink is Feni. All these result in making Goa a great place for cuisine. It is a great place for shopaholics too. There are night markets held at beaches during weekends, which are filled with utmost fun.
- Nightlife: The nightlife in Goa is also very happening. The youngsters enjoy a lot in clubs, pubs and experience this atmosphere to the fullest and when the time is Christmas no one can stop the fun. There are beach parties is a lifetime experience for all including the aged ones.
How to travel to Goa
The Dabolim airport is just a bit distant from the heart of the city which makes it easier to go to the place by air from any major cities of the county. Goa can also be reached by train and bus. So there is no obstacle from enjoying the Christmas in this beautiful and exotic place.
Where to stay in Goa
There are many hotels in Goa which are great in style and also offer comfortable stay for the tourists. So the tourists do not have to stress about the stay and should plan the tour accordingly. You can find many hotels beside the beaches which makes it easier to access the beach. So this Christmas take your family and friends to Goa and make the best memories by enjoying this time to the fullest.