The above quote is from Ibn Battuta who was a 14th-century Moroccan traveler and is comparable to Marco Polo. They both traveled great distances and for decades.
I personally totally agree with the above quote. There have been so many times I have seen places, done activities, and/or met people that have left me in total awe and when I returned home I could not stop from telling everyone about it! For example
– That time I was strip searched in an Israeli airport.
– Playing cards in a yurt high up on the Steppe of Central Asia
– Trying guinea pig (yuck) and alpaca (yum) in Peru
– Playing Indiana Jones at Petra (it is WAY bigger than the one building)
– Every time it takes hours to LEAVE Russia
– Being stuck in Western Sahara
– Wandering aimlessly through the madinas of Morocco
To be honest I could fill pages of places and things I have seen that I love to tell stories about. What are some of your favorite travel stories? I would love to read them in the comment section below. Who knows, we may get enough to write a travel book. 🙂